shop now

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Why We Love What We Do Wednesday: March Edition

Hi Stamper!
Starting this month we are starting a small post that has no company updates, no products, and no projects. Instead, every month we will talk about Why We Love What We Do and why we continue to do it. So, here's an introduction:

 

Hi! I am Andrea Radzick and I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator when I was just 19 years old. I was living and studying in Toronto at George Brown College when I became a demonstrator, but didn't start doing anything with my starter kit, until I had graduated and moved home. I went to school for American Sign Language and Deaf Studies so I am fluent in ASL. I love being a demonstrator because I get to meet people from around the world who all share the same passion as I do, crafting!

Hi! I am Irma Radzick and I am Andrea's supporting demonstrator/mom. I have been married to the love of my life for almost 30 years, Randy and I have two beautiful children, Stephen and Andrea. I love being a supporting demonstrator because I get to not only create beautiful cards and scrapbook, but I also get to spend time with my daughter.

This month's topic of Why We Love What We Do is:
The Places We Get To Go
(This is part 1 of 12)

Oh the places you'll go as a Stampin' Up demo.
As a demonstrator you are able to travel to amazing events that bring hundreds of thousands of demonstrators together for one common interest: Stampin' Up. Whether you are a new demonstrator or a veteran demonstrator, you are invited and the journey is half of the adventure. 

Last summer, a couple of our fellow demonstrators and us went to Stampin' Up's Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, the home of Stampin' Up. As demonstrators that are all the way from Ontario, Canada what a better way to see the states, then a road trip. Check-out some of the highlights of our road trip:


The trip was long, tiring, sometimes boring and long (did we mention that) but we had a lot of laughs along the way and if we could do it all over again, we wouldn't miss it. 

Now, as much as the 3,000 kilometre journey there was fun, the destination was amazing. Stampin' Up definitely knows how to put on a heart wrenching, laugh till you sides hurt, sit in pure aw event. Everyday was an adventure. Day one consisted of a tour of the home office. The office is full of awesome places like Stampin' Up's hall of fame, demonstrator support centre, idea room, fun/relax room (which is full of ping pong, air hockey and foosball tables), the warehouse and more. When starring down at the warehouse, I wanted nothing more then to pack a parcel and I did! Our group of four demonstrators got selected for a VIP Home Office Tour which consisted of seeing Shelli Gardener's office, seeing the director's board room, going in the VIP elevator, going down on the warehouse floor, packing a parcel and more! Check it out below:


Now for the main event! During the actual convention (day two and three) there are thousands of demonstrators, supporting demonstrators and crafters that are all there to... swap. That's right swap. One of the biggest and exciting part of convention is to go and swap cards with other demos, you never know who's card idea will be your next CASE. Of course there are other things like the NEWEST CATALOGUE being released, but it's just a small detail (not!) During Convention the 2015 Holiday Catalogue was released which means we got to see all of the products, play with them and even preorder them! During the event there is also the famous Prize Patrol, where everyone goes home with a stamp set (and sometimes even more!) Check out all the highlights below:


Unfortunetly, we don't have many pictures because our eyes and ears were glued to the stage. No time for photos when your fighting the urge to jump onstage with Sara Douglas and the rest of the Stampin' Up staff.

The places we get to go is only one of hundreds of reasons Why We Love What We Do. Make sure to stay tuned for next month's post which will be posted on:
Wednesday, April 6 2016
Until then,

Keep Creating Memories,
Andrea & Irma

Want to join us for our next adventure?
Join our team! Click Here for more details!

1 comment:

  1. Great memories! I think our team definitely has the most fun! Woohoo!!! I will always treasure the memories of our trip to Utah! I can't wait till our next Stampin' Road trip! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete