shop now

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fox in the Trees: A Brayer Background

Hi Stamper!
Do you ever look at a ink colour and think, that colour it's just not for me. Well, today I (Andrea) was inspired by another fellow demo of mine, that is in full love mode with Cajun Craze. Not that I don't love orange, I am deeply in love with Tangelo Twist, but I can count three whole times I have used Cajun Craze in my two years of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator. Three whole times! That is unacceptable in my eyes. So, this month I am challenging myself and you, to look at your inks (and maybe even a stamp set), push past that grudge and rethink about some of our products. This month Irma and I will be posting projects using inks and paper that we hardly ever use starting with Cajun Craze. We hope you love this week's highlighted project! Enjoy!

Tips: When using a brayer to create a sunset be sure to start with your lightest colour, Delightful Dijon. Make sure to roll over your cardstock over and over again until your lines have disappeared before moving onto your middle shade, Cajun Craze. If you notice that your middle colour is too dark, and therefore going to cover all of your light colour, roll off some ink on a grid sheet. Once you have completed your middle colour and have no lines, move on to your darkest colour, Cherry Cobbler. The darkest colour should only be at the top of your sunset, so be sure to roll off extra ink on your grid sheet, then go back to your sunset blending the middle shade and darkest colour together. Your darkest colour should never go past the half way point of your sunset. To finish, put a top coat of So Saffron over the whole sunset, it'll help your Delightful Dijon pop out more and lighten your Cherry Cobbler.

This is a "No Big Shot Required"card! Whoohoo!

Inspired to create your own? Here's what you'll need:
Aqua Painters
$21.00
Brayer
$15.50


I hope that I've inspired you to look at inks and products differently,
and I can't wait to see what you create!

Keep Creating Memories,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment